Alex is a barrister in our arbitration team and has a specialty practice whereby he focuses on complex contractual disputes, including commercial property and insolvency matters. Since moving to Dubai, he has advised a large number of both local and international clients in high value arbitrations and cases, include major contractors in the UAE construction sector.
Alex assists his clients in relation to arbitrations in a number of regional and international centres, including ICC, DIFC-LCIA and ICC. He also regularly advises clients on the enforcement of arbitration awards in local and the DIFC courts. Alex is one of our lawyers who holds full rights in front of both the ADGM and DIFC courts.
Admitted to the Bar in England and Wales, Alex received his Bachelors of Law from the University of Bristol, UK, and the BPTC from Kaplan Law School. As well as being fluent in English, Alex can speak conversational French.
Alex's recent experience includes:
• Successfully representing a major real estate developer in emergency arbitration proceedings concerning a high-profile mixed-use project in Dubai. The emergency proceedings had been commenced by the main contractor who requested a variety of specific performance orders following the encashment of performance bonds after the contract had been terminated.
• Advising and representing a commercial entity in an ICC arbitration in respect of an international dispute concerning the sale of a petro-chemical plant, where the combined value in dispute exceeds AED 250 million.
• Representing a major real estate developer in a Dubai seated DIAC arbitration regarding a sale-purchase contract dispute in the UAE valued at over AED 12.5 million and successfully securing the dismissal of the case on jurisdictional grounds.
• Advising and representing a multi-national contractor in a Geneva seated ICC arbitration valued at over AED 100 million. The arbitration was brought by a sub-contractor in respect of a high-value and prestigious project based in Dubai. The case centres on the interpretation and legal effect of the payment provisions between the parties and when the sub-contractor would become entitled to payment, and whether the sub-contract works were completed.
• Advising and representing a renowned international real estate developer in enforcement proceedings in the DIFC Courts, in connection with a large and prestigious property development.
For better web experience, please use the website in portrait mode