Eimhéar is an associate in our corporate department. She regularly advises clients across all corporate and commercial matters, specifically in establishing companies, M&A, banking and finance, and trusts & estate planning.
Her clients cross multiple sectors from government entities, construction, power and energy, local and international conglomerates, hospitality and education.
Prior to joining Horizons, Eimhéar worked at a leading commercial law firm in Northern Ireland where she specialised in mergers, acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations and refinancing's for major private and public organisations.
Eimhéar is qualified and admitted as a solicitor in Northern Ireland and received both her LLB and Post Graduate degrees at Queen’s University Belfast.
Eimhéar's recent experience includes advising:
- A US-based tech company’s acquisition of their global competitor, a UK-headquartered group of companies including a Dubai-based entity, to the value of AED100m. Acting as local council for the UAE-based entity included advising on the due diligence, contractual and post-completion stages of the process.
- On the mechanisms and related enforcement procedures available to a financial facility provider following default by a UAE-based investment company and its security by way of corporate guarantee of AED160m.
- On the structuring of a valuable investment in the UAE healthcare sector by a high net worth client.
- The master developer of a construction project on man-made lands in the UAE in negotiations relating to telecommunications infrastructure and supply by a government entity.
- On the structuring and incorporation of a joint-venture company between leading local oil & gas companies based in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- On the structuring and establishment of a public company limited by shares in the Dubai International Financial Centre with an initial subscription share capital of US$150m.
- On the incorporation and establishment of a joint-venture relationship between UAE-based representatives and a Chinese based counterpart for the purposes of launching a internationally successful digital payment platform in the UAE.